Thursday, September 22, 2011

Question from a 10 year old girl. Problem with a friend.

QUESTION: Hi Alyssa.  I’m 10 and in 4th grade.  I have a problem with a friend.  When I tell her about different things, she always says, “That’s stupid.”  Like today, I told her that my dad got a new job and I was happy for him, she said that was stupid too.  I’ve told her I don’t like it when she says that but she keeps doing it.  My mom told me to just find a new friend.  I don’t know what to do about it.  I’m really getting sick of her. I see her at school every day. What do you think?

ANSWER:  You should talk to her and say to her, “It upsets me.”  You should give her one more chance and tell her “If you keep doing that, I can’t be your friend anymore.” That may give her the motivation to stop doing that to you. Tell her “You should treat others the way that you wish to be treated.” Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment