Tuesday, October 11, 2011

PROBLEM AN 11 YEAR OLD GIRL IS HAVING WITH HER DAD CALLING HER NAMES

QUESTION: Dear Alyssa, My dad and I fight all the time. I guess that’s usual for teens/tweens, but I don’t really think so.
Anytime I push him to the edge, he ends up calling me names. Sometimes cuss words, but mostly “fat” and “ugly”.
 I don’t know what to do; I feel like I really am what he calls me. I have very low self-esteem, and he is making only harder for me.

ANSWER: Have you talked to your mom and told her that the names that your dad calls you hurt a lot?  Ask your mom to tell your dad that you don’t like it and he should stop.
You could talk to the counselor or your teacher at school if you need more people to talk to and if nobody at home is listening.
No one has the right to call you names, especially your father! You can’t let his words ruin your life.
You’re doing a very good thing by helping other people with your website.  That’s how you should think of yourself because of all the good you do! And there are probably plenty more good things you do! You have to think about that and not what he says to you! Believe in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment